Editing / Assigning Values to Variables

Dec 20, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Hi,

I just began using the expression editor / tester tool.  I could not find a way to edit/assign the value of a variable.  How is this done?

Thanks,

Ryan

using 2008R2

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2010 at 7:47 AM

You can edit a variable by right-clicking and choosing Edit Variable from the context menu.

You can also click the variable to select and choose Edit Variable from the toolbar.

Similarly you can choose Edit Variable from the Expression menu, on the main menu bar.

Dec 21, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Hi Darren,

I tried these methods. I believe something is problematic with the interface and/or how it is interacting with my pc. When I try editing a variable (for example “User::StringVar”), the “Value:” text shows up, but there is no box to edit.

If I change the type to something like Int32, I get an editable box, but it is clear that something on the GUI is not displaying as intended.

Have you seen this before? Do you have any ideas as to how I could resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan Montgomery

Research Analyst II - Health Services Department

Ext. 3521

Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:48 AM
To: Ryan Montgomery
Subject: Re: Editing / Assigning Values to Variables [expressioneditor:239018]

You can edit a variable by right-clicking and choosing Edit Variable from the context menu.

You can also click the variable to select and choose Edit Variable from the toolbar.

Similarly you can choose Edit Variable from the Expression menu, on the main menu bar.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or use of this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments. Your compliance is appreciated.

Dec 21, 2010 at 7:52 PM

To wrap this up…the problem I was having was related to the Display DPI settings for my monitor. It turns out that my new monitor defaulted to 120dpi, rendering the Value element as being hidden. Either resizing the window manually or resetting my dpi to 96 resolved the issue.

Ryan

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, and any attachments, are intended solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged. Any unauthorized disclosure, distribution, or use of this information is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and any attachments. Your compliance is appreciated.

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2011 at 4:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.